Did you know that 72% shoppers worldwide choose Amazon for conducting product searches? Turns out, Amazon is not just donning the hat of a successful global e-commerce major, it is also doubling up as a preferred platform of product discovery. With an active consumer base of a whopping 310 million, Amazon has emerged as the digital retailer of choice among customers all over the world. Interestingly, 56% of existing customers claim that Amazon understands their individual requirements more than traditional retailers. Ever wondered why prompted such sweeping trust in the company? Here’s what makes Amazon products stand out in a crowd: great product content.
Here’s a typical product page on Amazon with A+ content. As you can see, it highlights the product features using smart images and text. It gives you a closer look at the product and highlights the parts that you’d typically scrutinize if you were at a physical store.
It’s no wonder that products with A+ content have performed consistently better on Amazon than those that don’t. In fact, Amazon claims that A+ content can boost sales by 3 to 10 percent. So if you’re a seller on Amazon, signing up for A+ content should be on your agenda.
Unsure about what goes into A+ content? Here are some best practices to help you get started.
- Write well-researched content. A sure-fire way of gaining a customer’s trust is by providing information that is useful and accurate. The brand website is always the best place to start your product research. If you need more detailed information, contact their marketing or sales teams. In addition to detailed information, they can provide branded content such as high-resolution images and videos to help you create better A+ content.
Ensure that the product description is informative, updated and sufficient. List the product’s features according to their relevance, use simple, crisp, easily comprehensible language, and supplement your description with as many product images as needed.
- Implement SEO-keywords. The best way to achieve this is by utilizing Google Adwords. It helps in identifying the keywords that customers use when searching for products. Use them when writing your product descriptions to improve your product’s search visibility.
- Choose a template that best represents information. Choose an appropriate Amazon Enhanced Branded Content (EBC) template based on the product and customize it to make it more appealing to the customer. Remember, having content is zilch unless it’s in-line with customer needs.
- Stress on aesthetic appeal. Premium content calls for premium display. Give contextual usage of the product and include demonstrative images to showcase how the product can add value to your customer’s lifestyle.
- Eliminate flowery language/ unverified information. Too much of unnecessary information can come in the way of gaining your customers’ trust. Keep the information crisp and concise and eliminate flowery language. Amazon advises against the use of lofty claims, such as ‘eco-friendly’, ‘100% pure’ unless they are backed by evidence.
- Stay updated on the latest trends. This is especially true for technology products and gadgets. Knowing the latest trends in technology can help you bring craft content in a way that’s more relevant to customers.
To sum it up, A+ content should give the product a definitive edge over others in the same category, and your content should reflect that.
Netscribes creates A+ content for Amazon sellers by leveraging its 17+ years of research and creative expertise. To know more, read about our e-commerce solutions or write to us at email@example.com.