March 12, 2019, New York – Netscribes, a global market intelligence and content management firm, today announced the findings of its survey in the whitepaper: What online FMCG
consumers want? – 2019 US Consumer Survey. The whitepaper takes a closer look at how consumers in the US shop for FMCG products across e-commerce platforms to reveal their preferences, expectations, and the challenges they face in their online purchase journey.
Some of the key findings include:
- Walmart was the most-preferred online retailer for online grocery shopping, followed by Amazon, Target and Kroger
- Personal care products are the most popular FMCG category purchased online
- Low product prices and shipping costs, followed by complete and accurate product information are the most important influencers of online purchases
- More than half the respondents use more than one online platform to shop for groceries
- High delivery charges and distrust in the product quality are the major inhibitors in the path-to-purchase
To download the complete whitepaper, visit https://www.netscribes.com/Knowledge-Center/What-online-FMCG-consumers-want-2019-US-Consumer-Survey.php.
The findings presented in the whitepaper are based on a sample Netscribes study conducted to understand the behavior of online grocery shoppers. The research was conducted online in December 2018 among 600 respondents in the US. All respondents were screened for minimum age (18 and above), citizenship (USA), and frequency of online grocery shopping. Quotas were established by age and the questionnaire was designed to ensure current market relevance and thriving behavioral patterns among FMCG consumers.
To know more about the solutions that Netscribes offers to companies in the FMCG industry, visit https://www.netscribes.com/industries/consumer-packaged-goods/.
Netscribes is a global market intelligence and content services provider that helps corporations achieve strategic objectives through a wide range of offerings. Our solutions rely on a unique
combination of qualitative and quantitative primary research, secondary/desk research, social media analytics, and IP research. For more than 15 years, we have helped our clients across a range of industries, including technology, financial services, healthcare, retail, and CPG. Fortune 500 companies, as well as small- to mid-size firms, have benefited from our partnership with
relevant market and competitive insights to drive higher growth, faster customer acquisition, and a sustainable edge in their business.
Netscribes is backed by Helix, a US-based private equity fund.